Should I Switch?

Reaction score
I am currenlty running my Acer laptop which I use for general business, emails, MS Office and some design work too including graphics and websites, as well as entertainment.

I am now pondering on the idea of switching or either adding a macbook to my gadgets.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I have been a long time Windows user and I made the switch this wk when I recieved my MBP.

I use my MBP for Web/Graphic Design and college and it works fanstactic. Photoshop and Dreamweaver run like a dream on it.

Any time now Microsoft and Adobe will be coming out with programs that run on the Intel Macs (universal programs).

You can install Windows via Bootcamp or Parallels on a Mac. So you could use Windows only programs that way if needed.

I have not even missed Windows since I made the switch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2GHz 1GB RAM 120GB HDD
i am pretty sure you will find biased responses here lol, but as a person that recently switched, i have been pretty happy. few things that i am still learning about the mac os.. but boot camp makes dual bootitng easy when i need to run windows-only apps. so in case a lot of your general business relies on windows software, boot camp will be a good option

OP
D
Reaction score
Sounds good. Is that software that i can buy or download to install and let windows be in the background or will it load up both OS' when the pc loads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
In a word, YES!

With the ability to load Windows onto your Mac, you don't even really have to "switch" anyway. Just get it, use both OS's, but I have to warn you, eventually you won't use Windows at all. I know from first hand experience.

Reaction score
Sounds good. Is that software that i can buy or download to install and let windows be in the background or will it load up both OS' when the pc loads.

Bootcamp you choose which OS starts up when you turn on your Mac. If you are in windows and want to use the Mac side you have to shut down your Mac and turn it back on an choose the Mac side.

Parallels runs Windows as a virtual machine so you can run both OS's at the same and now with the new update you can run windows programs on the Mac desktop.

With Parallels Desktop for Mac, you can:
Run your favorite Mac and Windows applications at the same time without rebooting
Seamlessly connect to any network in both Mac OS and Windows using a shared network connection
Achieve a high level of performance for Windows on your Mac by leveraging Intel technology - an industry leading solution available on Parallels Software
Copy and paste items between your Mac desktop and your Windows desktop
Quickly create multiple virtual machines by using the new Parallels Installation Assistant
Create “Active” backups by using Parallels Desktop for Mac in conjunction with Parallels Compressor
Achieve optimal virtual machine performance and reduce disk space by 50% or more with the new Parallels Compressor

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Why should you switch? Because you want to! Don't do it if you do not. It is my opinion, and that of many on this forum, that Mac OS X, and Macs in general, are objectively better than PCs - faster, safer, more immune to the daily threats from the internet, easier and more intuitive to use, just plain more fun and so on, but if you are a long term PC user and are happy there, don't switch.

Switch because you want to switch. That is the best reason of all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
eventually you won't use Windows at all. I know from first hand experience.

X2. I sold my PC, which was a couple years old, so I could afford a used PowerMac Digital Audio. Overall, I think its just as fast. I think its because there isn't all the hidden viruses and spyware and junk running in the background. Not to mention the OS looks way better and is much easier to organize and use.

It recognizes everything I used with my PC, like my flash drive, my USB Hard Drive, Webcam... The webcam required me to download a program that supports it, but its also an old Logitech Quickcam Messenger....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
some design work too including graphics and websites, as well as entertainment.

Thems are Mac jobs thems are!

There's no reason not to get a Mac. OS X is still miles better than Vista, and I should know since I use both of them.

Reaction score
here's my story in a nutshell...I bought a Mac in Jan...I sold my PC last week...I'm buying a MBP next week. That's the short story:p I have yet to find a reason I need windows I can do all I need on my Mac. After a short one week learning curve you will never miss windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.