Should I get a Macbook Pro or Macbook Air?

Reaction score
I will be using the laptop for both personal and business.

Personal: Just normal stuff... Internet usage, and using a few programs from time to time.

Business: I run my own business, and need to run Windows on my mac. So I'll be using Virtual Box, and running Windows 7 in it. Meanwhile will be needing to run a few major programs for my business.

So what do you think? Do I need a Macbook Pro or can I get away with an Air?

Reaction score
I think the Pro would be a better option because you will be running windows hard drive space would be an issue on the Air.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Pro

I have both and use Parallels on my Pro with 8 gig of memory and 500 gig 7200 RPM HDD. For work.

I use my Air for home and day to day personal use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
I would go with the pro - if you don't need ultra light weight you have more flexibility, can play dvds and cds, and will have a lot more drive space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
+1 for the Pro. The ability to upgrade the ram, larger HD, and an optical drive are all better in the long run imo.

Reaction score
I have been back and forth with this for 2 months. Im going with the air because of the lightweight and the fact that 4 gig of ram is fine for my needs, I will make an 80 gig partition for windows, the rest will be my osx side of things, and save to external hds.

I am ordering a superdrive with my mba. Plus, the usb drives are so cheap now, I could have 64gb of space just there for different things.

plus the MBA is just so pretty! how can you not go with it! ha ha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.