Shortcut Programming

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place, but I will ask. I'm trying to add timestamped entries into a Note. Basically, every time I run a shortcut, it should do this:

"alpha 2021_05_23__04_05_00"
"alpha 2021_05_25__18_06_17"
"alpha 2021_05_30__12_23_42"

I have a Note already saved as "Today". I want to create that variable of "alpha " and current_date, then append that note. Not sure how this is done. I find a note by Filter Appended Note where <filter by name>. That works fine. I can't choose that note anywhere though in the Append Note action.

Anybody have experience with this? Any insight appreciated.

Cheers

OP
daBee
Reaction score
Yes:

- Text: make up what you want, including variables
- Notes: Find All Notes where (name conatains "alpha" limit get 1 note (my target notes)
- Variables set variable "Entry" to Text (this might not be needed, just how I have it now)
- Notes: Append Entry to Notes

Cheers

OP
daBee
Reaction score
Is this forum working? Very odd behaviour. I got a notice that there was a reply...that had nothing to do with my post. Now there's nothing in here but my posts, including a reply to someone, whose post is no longer here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Could well be the odd post was removed by the mods because it was inappropriate, or broke the rules for the forum (advertising, etc).

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Could well be the odd post was removed by the mods because it was inappropriate, or broke the rules for the forum (advertising, etc).
It looks like that's exactly what happened Jake. A post was made to the thread and daBee received notice of the post. In the meantime the post that triggered the notice the post was removed before daBee checked the forum.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I got a notice that there was a reply...that had nothing to do with my post.

Or, it could be that the Admins/Mods moved the OP's post to a better place. When this happens, you should be re-directed to it automatically; but sometimes this doesn't work and when you get the email notification and click on the link - it dies on you.

I've not seen the situation you describe where only your posts are present. If the Admins/Mods removed the post completely, that would include your posts - or should :)

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ian, not necessarily. The Mods can remove just one post from a thread. So, daBee's thread is intact, but the one post that he got the email about was gone. I've seen that before.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Ah yes; that is so, Jake. Thanks for that additional tip. Thank goodness we have you.;)

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@IWT, Heh, that's not been said in a loooooong time! (If ever)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Ian, not necessarily. The Mods can remove just one post from a thread. So, daBee's thread is intact, but the one post that he got the email about was gone. I've seen that before.
Looking at the time stamp on the post in question I think that's exactly what happened in this case. A post was made in the thread and member daBee got a message about the post. Before that post was read one of our moderators removed the post leaving the original post intact because there was no good reason to remove it.

There are a number of reasons a post can be deleted so no reason to go into the specifics of why here.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Yeah, that was me, removing a spammer and their useless posts.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.