Sharing Photos between Iphone and Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" IMAC with an M1 chip &16 GB Memory
I am frying to down load photos from my IPHONE 7+ to my Mac running Monterey 12.5.1. When I plug the cable into Mac and then into my IPHONE I kjeep getting a flashing message about Trust this device or not Trust the device and it will not stay on a particular message long enough to access the phone to complete the transfer. What am I doing wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Nothing is wrong. Just tap the Trust This Device to allow them to connect. From there, you can use either Photos or Image Capture to import the images from the iPhone to the Mac.

If the message about "Trust" is flashing, that is a symptom of a dodgy cable or connection. Check the connectors are tight and if they are, replace the cable with another.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I am frying to down load photos from my IPHONE 7+ to my Mac running Monterey 12.5.1. When I plug the cable into Mac and then into my IPHONE I kjeep getting a flashing message about Trust this device or not Trust the device and it will not stay on a particular message long enough to access the phone to complete the transfer. What am I doing wrong.
Hi Timkins - just yet another option - I take most of my photos on my iPhone XR - then select those I want to put on my MBAir laptop and use AirDrop (click for Apple Support Article) - one or several dozen photos are then transferred w/o need for a cable or putting an SD card from a camera into the computer's slot. I'm assuming this feature is compatible with your hardware/software but check link. Good luck - Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.