Setting Up ?

Reaction score
Hi
Finally took the plunge an went for the Mac Mini... Intend to use it mainly as a media centre. Is there a way to set up Front Row to open when device is switched on. And I guess I will have to have the mouse nearbye for various operations, along with the wireless keypad.
Just need to decide where to store music etc, I believe I can move the Itunes location to the external hard drive and set up to look there.
Any advise about setting up would be most welcome and may well save a marriage !!!

Thanks

Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch
Go to system preferences>accounts>login items>+
then add front row (applications>front row) and make sure it's not check marked in the list.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" Late 2013 - 3.5GHz Core i7 - 32GB RAM - GTX 780< 4GB GPU
Oh, and FWIW I've used Front Row and Plex, but I'm finding the new Boxee to be outstanding and better than either one IMHO. Not sure how/if it works for our UK cousins though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.93 GHz--Powerbook G4 400 Mhz--Mac Mini G4--Macbook Pro 17" 3.0 GHz--30" Apple Cinema Disp
Also, I find Hulu - Labs: Hulu Desktop to be a great application for media centers (running it on a linux based system at the moment and its wonderous)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" Late 2013 - 3.5GHz Core i7 - 32GB RAM - GTX 780< 4GB GPU
Also, I find Hulu - Labs: Hulu Desktop to be a great application for media centers (running it on a linux based system at the moment and its wonderous)
It is nice indeed. The great thing about Boxee is that it feeds Hulu directly from within it's own offerings...sometimes I forget which app I'm using! It's kind of like having the best of both worlds.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.