Set Up - Airport Time Capsule - Impossible

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought an ATC a few months ago, and did not set it up properly at the office, since by that time we were installing a backup server, a twin wifi connected to mine, etc.

Well, now I found time to deal with it so I tried to connect it, but found that impossible (ambar light blinking, of course):

(steps I followed: 1. Light off the router 2. connect the ethernet cable to the router and the ATC in the bottom switch 3. light the router and the ATC.).

- First of all, every time I connect the ATC to the router via the ethernet cable, the internet provided by the router does not work. It is like the ATC steals the internet signal, so I cannot even browse the web or do anything else (including looking for help or update the firmware)

- In that case, in the main screen of the Airport Utility App, several problems are highlighted in orange and displayed once I click on the ATC image: (1) WAN setup warns about security (2) Problem with DNS (3) Problem with PPoE (4) No internet connection.

The Wifi I once created from the ATC exists, and the devices can see it, but it does not connect (trying by PPPoE but does not succeed).

I also tried to connect directly the ethernet cable from the ATC to the iMac, but the latter does not even find the ATC.

Could somebody guide me step to step? I find myself completely lost, I am far from being a tekky...

Thanks very much in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
It might be a good start to do a reset on the ATC to get rid of the settings that are causing problems.

To do this, unplug it and then plug it back in, while pressing the reset switch on the back. Continue to press the reset switch for at least 6 seconds.

This will restore the router to factory settings, and will not affect any data you may have on the HDD.

Once you have done this, you can unplug it again along with your modem, and use an ethernet cable to connect them. Next turn the modem back on, let it boot fully, then turn the ATC back on.

Now go to Airport Utility and see if you can configure it from there. Let us know how you get on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.