Server connection issue (10.7.5)

Reaction score
I am attempting to connect a non-domain bound Mac to a new server share folder within our network. The Mac still connects to the old server share without issue, but will not allow access into the new server share. The new share is on a totally new server. I can ping the server and it's not a credential issue. He can access without issue from another machine.

I believe it's a machine cache issue and/or keychain issue possibly??

It keeps saying you do not have permission to access this server, even though the user does.

I can connect to the share from other Macs, so it seems to be isolated to this machine only.

Please help! :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can connect to the share from other Macs, so it seems to be isolated to this machine only.

Please help!

Sorry, but unless you provide information about the Mac in question you're not going to get much help. Which Mac, year and model? What server? We're assuming the Mac is running Lion or is that the server? And we're moving this to the correct forum - Networking.

OP
J
Reaction score
Sorry, but unless you provide information about the Mac in question you're not going to get much help. Which Mac, year and model? What server? We're assuming the Mac is running Lion or is that the server? And we're moving this to the correct forum - Networking.

It is running Lion, connecting to a windows file share server(probably running server 2012). I believe it's an early 2011, but I cannot verify until tomorrow.

For the most part the issue is related to a setting on the Mac causing conflicts, and/or a previous cached account--

Then again, it may be something extremely simple??!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.