Sending mail from my me.com address

Reaction score
My Apple ID is a comcast address but I have a me.com address too. I use apple mail on my Mac and on my devices. But I use a gmail address as my main address because that way my saved mail folders are all on google servers. (Google gives more free storage than iCloud.).

Mail addressed to me me.com address is forwarded automatically to gmail.

From my Mac I can send from my me.com address using the Apple Mail App. From my devices there is no way to send from the me.com address through Mail App. I can go to the web to iCloud but that is a pain. I have some organizations that require me to email from that me.com address. Can I make that possible from the devices?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
When I create a new email on my iPhone, I can tap on the line with "Cd/Bcc, From: <<my account>>" and it expands to show each of those on a separate line. If I then tap on the line with "From: " I get options. Looks to me like it tracks some history (don't know what), so you can try it to see if what you want as the "From" is there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is the device logged into iCloud?

OP
Whoopie
Reaction score
Yes. The email address I want to send from appears in Apple ID, iCloud... under Name Phone Numbers, Email.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cannot help any more, then. It works for me, I have no idea why it should not work for you. Good luck with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
In Settings > Mail > Accounts, is your @me.com email address account listed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In Settings > Mail > Accounts, is your @me.com email address account listed?
Never thought to ask that, Bob! Silly me, I presumed the accounts were listed and just didn't show up on the From options.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.