Seeking OEM 80GB Fujitsu MHV2080BH PL from an early MacBook

Reaction score
I'm trying to track down an 80GB Fujitsu MHV2080BH PL disk from an early Black MacBook. Preferably the manufacturing date on the disk would be around 2006-04.

I'm sorry to spam the forum, but I've not been able to find this disk for sale anywhere. There are plenty of MHV2080BH (no PL) disks out there, but they won't serve my purpose.

If you've replaced the stock disk and could part with it, or have one in your MacBook right now and would be willing to swap it out, please PM and let's see if we can work something out.

Thanks!
Todd

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I'm sure you already know, but from my quick search that model was only sold and shipped in notebooks. And by at least these manufacturers: Apple, HP / Compaq, IBM, Sony, Asus, & Toshiba. So you could find this drive from a notebook from any of these. The designation does not show up on the retail version of the drive.
Since the PL designation is not recognized on the Fujitsu site, it leads me to believe this is only a designation so that Fujitsu can differentiate between a retail and an OEM drive for warranty purposes.

It does make me curious as to why you would want (need) this particular drive.

OP
H
Reaction score
I agree that it seems like the PL designation would have been used only by OEMs, but I've also seen original disks out of Apple machines that did not have the PL designation.

I'm looking for that specific disk type to facilitate a data recovery. Specifically I need the headstack.

Thanks,
Todd

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.