Scrolling using Trackpad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 " MacBook Pro 2.66GHz 4GB 320GB HDD; 15" PowerBook G4 1.25GHz 2GB 80GB HDD
Hello there,

I have a small question here and any help I can get will be wonderful.

My friend has a MacBook with OS X Tiger on it, I don't know the exact version. The thing is, if he uses 2 fingers on the track pad, he can scroll through a web page. But I can't get my PowerBook to do the same, even though I use OS X Tiger (10.4.11).

Could someone tell me if I can set this up on the PowerBook, please? Or is it available only on MacBooks and above? Or could it be that the OS is different version?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook/ 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo/ 1 GB RAM
I'm not sure if you can set this up on a powerbook (I only have a macbook available to me), but you can check to see if you have this capability by going to System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Trackpad. If you have a box that says "Use two fingers to scroll," you probably have this capability. Otherwise, I am guessing you may not be able to do this.

OP
jhonrox
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 " MacBook Pro 2.66GHz 4GB 320GB HDD; 15" PowerBook G4 1.25GHz 2GB 80GB HDD
Thank you 'particle_hunter' for your reply.

Thanks to you too 'ADKhikerVW', for your link. I did install the software, but I have to say, its a bit too sensitive, even though I adjusted it in the System Preferences, it just keeps jerking & jumping all the time. But I can't complain because its a free software, and atleast it works!

Anyhow, thanks again for the all the replies ... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Make sure you turn Scroll Resolution all the way up. I used to use it on my PowerBook and it was exactly like scrolling on my MacBook, very smooth and not jerky at all. Another weird quirk it has is that when you restart, you need to put the computer to sleep and then wake it up before it will work smoothly.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question. Using a keyboard macro, I used to be able to scroll through a Word 2003 doc without moving the cursor. Word 2008 no longer allows you to write macros, so I'm stuck. It's all explained in the page below - but Pierre's solution is not working for me. Granted, I'm completely new to AppleScript, so I'm probably doing something wrong. Could someone walk me through a way of doing this, via Apple Script or otherwise?

Many thanks,

Miko

Betalogue Blog Archive Word 2008 Tip: Page Up and Page Down without moving cursor

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.