Screen recording on Yosemite crashing

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I got my Mac Mini last August and everything was working fine.
Now, since Yosemite upgrade I'm having some troubles!
I can play "World of Warcraft" normally, I tried Final Cut Pro X with no problems but when I want to just get some screen recordings... I have the apps crashing.
- QuickTime Player: Sometimes it records well, but most of the times, specially when it tooks more than a minute, it crashes!
- I've also tried Screen Record Robot Lite... Sometimes it also hangs!

Screen Recording became a nightmare! I used to use Linux and "Desktop Recording" always worked well! Now, on Mac it's quite hard to have a 2 minutes recording working normally!!!

Anyone with the same problems here?

Any ideia how to fix this?

Honestely, my primary OS is still Linux! MAC OS? I would prefer to rate it more than M$ Wind... and keep it as my second choice! But with all these bugs... I don't know...

Kind regards,
Carlos Santos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
There ain't no bugs whatsoever if installed and run correctly. The word that brings you undone is 'upgrade'. Backup, erase and clean install and migrate is the way to go.

OP
C
Reaction score
Are you saying I need to make a full install of Mac OS? Because Apple decided to make an upgrade that might went wrong?

Well... Going to try that, but honestely this shouldn't be the way. At least it is not with Linux... :p

Thank you for your fast reply.

OP
C
Reaction score
It didn't work!!

My steps:

1. Backup with Time Machine
2. Reboot and start with the recovery options
3. Erased the partition for Machintosh HD with Disk Utility
4. Re-installed Yosemite
5. Recover files from my exteranal USB HDD with Time Machine

Every screen recording software I try it always hangs after recording 7 to 9 seconds!
I need to do a lot of screen recordings, I've started one with the Mac environment and I only need to record the final steps... It won't look fine if I record this last part with Linux because the windows design are different.

Maybe the problem was in restoring everything from the time machine, including Applications but I have a lot of apps installed and it will be a pain in the *** to install them all over again.

Honestely, if it was not my interest on XCode and Final Cut Pro, I'd be erasing the Mac disk and install Linux, saying goodbye to Mac.

What else can I do? Try to install Mavericks back? Is it still possible?

Thanks, I really need help here.

Kind regards,
Carlos Santos

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.