Screen Flickering

Reaction score
Hey, guys! I am new to the forum, but I have been here multiple times for help. Anyway, I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009) and I just recently took the lower case off to do some dusting. I disconnected the battery and all that. I put everything back together and everything worked fine for about almost two days, but now my screen is flickering and I have black spots at the bottom of my screen. Did I mess something up or is this just a coincidence that it happened right after I had it open?

Thanks for the help in advance!

- ShoobieStomper

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Just a guess...could be a worn video cable.

Logically...if everything was fine before opening things up...and not so good after opening/closing things up...something didn't go quite right.

Could be coincidence...but I'm guessing this would be a real long shot. You could go back in...and see if anything is loose...or out of place.

Other than this...try an SMC Reset...and an NVRAM/PRAM Reset.

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! :) Well, I checked to see if anything was loose and then put everything back together, but it's still the same. :-/ How do I go about doing those resets and what do they do?

Thanks!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
OP
S
Reaction score
No problem! It's so easy to start asking a bunch of questions on a forum. Anyway, thanks for the reply! I did both of the resets and it's still the same. I was going to mention that the screen flickering has stopped, but the dark spots are still there. Also, I have noticed some other people have a pattern across the bottom of their display. Mine is random. I honestly think that it's the LVDS display cable because I never messed with the screen itself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.