screen filters

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mini 16gig/Air 2017 4gig
has anyone found a filter sleeve of some kind to slip over the screen on a MacBook to filter out the harsh diode based rays...I can't even look at my MacBook for more than a few minutes without feeling eye pain...or alternatively a separate screen monitor to replace the screen that uses incandescent light even if its black and white....?I have never heard of one but eventually someone will develop one because there is a massive market for it at the right price..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
No idea if what you want is available, but I will tell you my solution. I have invested in a pair of computer glasses that have worked wonders. If you look at the lens they look blue due to the special coating. My eye doctor put them together for me along with the corrections I needed. They are also set to variable focus at screen distance at the top and middle to reading distance at the bottom. Not good for driving but I have others for that. They were not cheap but it has solved my headaches and eye strain issues.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
You can adjust the color balance in serveral ways:

1. Settings>Displays has several brightness options as well as an offer for "True Tone" that tries to keep the screen looking the same in various lighting conditions.
2. Settings>Accessibility>Vision>Display has a lot of options to adjust contrast, transparency, text sizes, and color filters, including intensity.

There are third party software options, but I can't give any names because I've not actually used any of them. You can search for it yourself.

As for your question about a screen with incandescent lighting, I've never seen one. I have seen very old screens with flourescent backlights, but not recently.

Reaction score
has anyone found a filter sleeve of some kind to slip over the screen on a MacBook to filter out the harsh diode based rays...

We've had discussions about this in other forums, and folks raved about this film that you can adhere to your screen:

PhotoDon Anti-Glare Film

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.