Scanners compatible with Macbook pro

Reaction score
Can you please recommend a scanner for flat artwork, B?W negs and colour transparencies and negs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Can you please recommend a scanner for flat artwork, B?W negs and colour transparencies and negs?

Well, a wide open question, so specific answers are difficult to offer - first, please provide more information: 1) Apple computer (model/year); 2) OS X installed; 3) What additional printer/scanner hardware do you currently own; and 4) What have you tried?

Second, there is plenty of information on the web just waiting for 'googling fingers', e.g. checkout this recent PC Mag Review. A MF ink jet printer would handle 'most' of your requirements above, except for the transparency issue (assume you mean 35 mm slides?). I have an HP scanner w/ a transparency adapter and scanned in hundreds of old slides last year, SO if that feature is needed, then pick wisely. Good luck - Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
Epson Perfection V500 Photo served me well for over four years.
Don't expect drum scanner quality for large format transparencies; medium format comes out rather good though, from 6x4.5 to 6x17; I expect 35mm will be too (the 6x4.5 was the smallest format I've used, back in the day).

Reaction score
mustek scan express A3

any advice or experience on known in/compatibility issues with a large format flatbed Mustek scanner Express A3 on Mac 10.10/Yosemite?

on a Mac Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
any advice or experience on known in/compatibility issues with a large format flatbed Mustek scanner Express A3 on Mac 10.10/Yosemite? on a Mac Pro

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) I don't own that scanner nor have I yet to upgrade my Macs to Yosemite, but have you upgraded to the new OS and are you having issues w/ the scanner? If so (and if not already done), have you visited the Mustek Website to check the support pages on your specific scanner? I'm sure your question(s) can be addressed there - good luck. Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.