Saving Keynote to iCloud

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am trying to save a Keynote presentation from my MacBook Pro to iCloud so I can access it from my iPad.

When I check the iCloud settings in System Preferences, Keynote is not shown on the first page, when I go into iCloud Drive options Keynote is ticked.

When I try to access it from my iPad by tapping the + in the op left corner the Keynote area is empty.

Within Keynote I cannot seem to find any way of saving to the cloud.

My MacBook Pro is running Yosemite, the iPad is running iOS 8.1, the Keynote version is 6.5(2110).

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Chris

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have the iOS version of Keynote installed on your iPad? If you recently purchased your iPad or iPhone, the iWork iOS apps are a free download from Apple.

I just noticed something about your post.... you did not mention that after you saved your Keynote file that you dragged and dropped it to the iCloud Drive that's showing in your Finder?

Last edited:
OP
C
Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, I do have the iOS version of Keynote on my iPad.

When saving on the Mac I have not dragged the file to the iCloud Drive. I thought the idea was that any devices using the same Apple iCloud account could access part finished documents from one device on another, add to or make amendments which could then be seen on the other, is it called hand over or hand off?

If I have to drag the file into the iCloud Drive each time then I might as well send the file by airdrop/e-mail from the Mac to the iPad which seems to defeat the object?

Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.