Safari "very slow to connect"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB,1067, OSX 10.10.2 & iPad Mini 2 - 32 GB WiFi iOS 8.1.4
Safari hangs up when going to a new window. Have to highlight address, hit enter again to "wake it up" then it finishes the connection.

M

MacInWin

If this is on the machine in your profile, have you upgraded to 10.9.4? Do that first, then see if the problem persists. Does it happen with any other browser?

Reaction score
And if that doesn't help what DNS are you using?
I get that every once in a while.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB,1067, OSX 10.10.2 & iPad Mini 2 - 32 GB WiFi iOS 8.1.4
OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If this is on the machine in your profile, have you upgraded to 10.9.4? Do that first, then see if the problem persists. Does it happen with any other browser?

I have now updated my information to reflect my systems, sorry. My husband has a similar laptop and has used FireFox, it did not "hang up", but he was not happy with FireFox so is back to Safari. This "hang up" is only when we connect to "new" sites. Sites that we have opened in the past are not the problem. Thanks again.

Reaction score
I have now updated my information to reflect my systems, sorry. My husband has a similar laptop and has used FireFox, it did not "hang up", but he was not happy with FireFox so is back to Safari. This "hang up" is only when we connect to "new" sites. Sites that we have opened in the past are not the problem. Thanks again.

Clear your cache and see if it does it to every site.

Sounds like your computer is storing information about the sites you have already visited. Which is typical.

What is your line speed for the inirmweb? Slow speeds could explain why Cached sites are fast and new sites are slow.

Reaction score
How do I determine DNS?
Two places, depending on how you're connected.
1. System Preferences/Network. Click on the Advanced button. Click on the DNS tab.
2. In your router setup, depends on what router you're using.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.