Safari stops loading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 500GB 4GB RAM
Both Maverick and Yosemite versions of Safari have lagging problems. Usually the home page comes up fairly quickly. (Speedtest shows that I have about 15 MBPS). When I click on a link the next page stops loading about 1/3 the way according to the progress bar. Sometimes if I try to reload the page it might come up. Anybody have any ideas why this is happening? How to fix it?

Thanks....

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Some of our members have noticed that with this site and the reload usually works. The consensus at this point seems to be that it is a site problem of some sort. Are you experiencing this on other sites?

Reaction score
Happened to me this morning also. Normally use Safari. I have the retina and fastest chip on iMac. had abysmal performance on safari even before leaping to Yosemite. But this morning was wierder than the usual bad performance. Strange that it also affected in the same way on chrome browser. As a matter of fact nothing would come up on any bookmarks
on any browser. Finally something kicked in to making the browsers come back to life ( if you want to call it that). I know it wasn't router or general internet connection because I had another feed working just fine on the Pc side of things that wasn't involving any browser.
What drives me crazy is that when you go into a Mac store and try their browser things work great on their browser. of course probably little cache buildup etc.
Sure hope they are working on getting user experience for browsing much much better. what's the use of a fast connection with a browser that takes a minute to bring up a page

OP
iMACGuru
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 500GB 4GB RAM
The lagging occurs with every site I visit.

Reaction score
Get a funny feeling that there is some type of bug that has infiltrated our browsers, because I have seen numerous posts this morning talking about a total loss of browsing capability. Could be server based?
We will probably find out the answer to your post a number of days from now when we find out how many people experienced this phenomenon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.