Safari Spellcheck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Hello,

I have started using Safari a little more these days and I noticed that the auto spellcheck when posting on forums like this doesn't seem to work. On Firefox, it spell checks as I type, which I believe is an OS X feature, not a Firefox feature. So why doesn't this happen in Safari?

One other quick thing - pop ups. In Safari they're either on or off, no real room for tweaking or makign exceptions. How do you manage popups in Safari?

BTW, anyone been playing with the Firefox 3.0 alpha nighty builds?

Reaction score
I just enabled spelling checking as I type and then goofed up some spelling. A red dotted line appeared beneath the dodgy spelt word. I usually don't have this feature enabled ... If I'm not sure about a word I use the dictionary widget .... as far as pop-ups, I have them blocked .... I also use Bon Echo (FireFox) ver 2.0, but I downloaded that a while ago and haven't updated it.

OP
Zoolook
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I just enabled spelling checking as I type

How do you do this? I must have disabled mine by accident.

I really want to love Safari, but I keep ducking back to FF, which I have used since it was a 0.4 release.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Another great feature is F5 just type the first few letters of a word and press the F5 key to get a list of possibles

Other wise go to Edit- Spelling- and tick "As I type"

Reaction score
Another great feature is F5 just type the first few letters of a word and press the F5 key to get a list of possibles

Other wise go to Edit- Spelling- and tick "As I type"

This is how you do it but you have to have already typed something otherwise the option is greyed out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Yep thats Right Pulse....It's my Grey cells....:lol:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.