Safari Reading List Disappears

GB4

Reaction score
Can anyone help to restore my Reading list in Safari?

I have tried everything from deleting the old Booklist in Library and restoring the file from the time machine back up. This works for about 10 seconds then they all just disappear again when on Safari. I am running Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1217). Apart from going into the Apple shop to get some Technical help, has anyone got any solutions to fix this? Simple solutions as I am not exactly an Apple wiz.

OP
G

GB4

Reaction score
Have you done any web searching or checked out any of these hits that might have a solution for you...???

- Patrick
=======
Patrick, Done all that.

Very limited solutions on the internet.

I'm now in the process of recreating the reading list manually, but simply unsure how long the list will remain as it was just disappearing after restoring from the time machine after about 10 to 15 seconds. So unsure why it did this or if there is even a real fix for it.

Luckily I took photo images of the complete reading list before it disappeared so I have something to refer to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Luckily I took photo images of the complete reading list before it disappeared so I have something to refer to.

Good news... Something reliable like good old pen or pencil and paper... 😏

EDIT:
Maybe it is still hiding somewhere and you could use this suggestion to find it:
Is it possible to export safari's reading list on Safari 5.1?
Yes. The file is called Bookmarks.plist and it is located in ~/Library/Safari/. This houses not only your Reading List bookmarks, but all your bookmarks.

You'll want to look for entries under the key ReadingList. They will look something like this (file viewed in xCode 4):

Or maybe use Find Any File.app to find the file in case the file got moved or something.

- Patrick
=======

Last edited:

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@GB4

It is just possible that you may be able to recover your Safari Reading List if you use iCloud.

See here:

It’s at the bottom of the list.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.