Safari issues since Yosemite upgrade.

Reaction score
Since upgrading to Yosemite, my web browser is unable to open some web pages. Switching to Firefox did not improve the situation. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and is there any solution to this problem. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No but then I always do a clean install rather than an upgrade. If you have a notebook, more importantly so in my humble opinion.

What pages in particular are you referring to? You might want to download AdWareMedic and run it as there are lots of adware floating about the 'net.

http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks Harryb2448, the page I can't open is "business online.o2.co.uk". Unfortunately running Adwaremrdic has not resolved the problem.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Hi Slydude, have tried the url as you suggested, still browser won't open.

Just a few more questions that might help clarify things for troubleshooting purposes. I should have thought of these things earlier.

1. What exactly happens when you try to open that page. I assume that the browser itself is opening and can open other pages but does not open that one. Is this correct?
2. If you go to Safari's preferences and check the "Extensions" tab what extensions are installed? If you turn them off does the page load?3. If you create a new user account on your Mac and laugh Safari from within that account dies it load the page.

The fact that the site also did not load in Firefox suggests that there might be some preference in your current account that is contributing to the problem. Logging in to a new user account and running the browser from there should give us a clue about whether this is the issue.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Do you the latest version of Flash installed? That login page is flash based.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I clicked Sly's URL above and Firefox on the system I am working on at the moment said it was an untrusted connection and gave me the option to open or not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.