Safari History Problems

Reaction score
Hello,

I am wondering if others have same problem.

I am on Mac OS Big Sur

I am trying to use Safari as main browser.

If I log off next day and load Safari some of my history does not delete, and it freezes if I try to delete however when I reboot the Mac the page deletes the others remain.

I am unsure what else could be done.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry, but can you be a bit more specific about what this means:
If I log off next day and load Safari some of my history does not delete, and it freezes if I try to delete however when I reboot the Mac the page deletes the others remain.
Log off what? Why would you expect history to delete? By default Safari keeps history for a year unless you specifically set it up to delete. What, if any, messages come up? What does "the page deletes the others remain" mean?

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks MacInWin for your reply.

Here is a video demo

You will see ten of the items move to todays history when I load the pages today; however the last page, my own website remains and when I log off my Imac and turn it back on I am able to delete that history item and not on the day it seems to be frozen for some reason until the Mac has been switched off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I don't click on links to places I don't know, but you didn't answer the questions I asked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.