Safari can't establish a secure connection... ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
Hey all! I'm looking for some help with my MBP.

There are a few websites recently that I've tried accessing and have been getting an error. Today, its a specific torrent that I can't access.

The error message states "Safari can't open the page (whatever website) because Safari can't establish a secure connection to the server." I'm able to load up the website on my cell phone and other computers on the same network without problem.

When I try using Firefox, I get a similar error, stating "The connection was interrupted while the page was loading."

Any suggestions? Googling hasn't helped me find any working solutions.

Other info: A month ago I had a service repair where they wiped everything and setup as new and replaced a few pieces of hardware. I'm on a Late '11 MBP, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, running Yosemite 10.10.1 and Safari 8.0.2.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Suggest updating to OS 10.10.2 nd Safari 8.03 and see if there is any improvement. Can't help further as you have not supplied the URLs of the wonky torrent site. It is not an illegal site?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.