Safari: Blocking video ads

Reaction score
Is there a way to block video ads in Comedy Central's The Daily Show (thedailyshow.cc.com) on Safari 8?

I tried Adblock Plus, AdBlock, GlimmerBlocker and uBlocker, all with default settings and none worked. It does work with Adblock Plus in Firefox.

Any suggestions / workarounds other that changing the browser?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You can use a company like Blockless ~ SmartDNS and VPN that has a feature called SmartGaurd that blocks and remove adverts before media streams, like YouTube and I would guess the one you want as well. You have to pay for the VPN or SmartDNS after the 7 day trial, and then cheap monthly or yearly Subs. Its still in the Beta Stage and is free to use while it is being worked on. Works very well on youtube.

iPad Air 2 using Mac Forums App

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks TattooedMac, I will have a look at Blockless.

It seems this is an inherent restriction of Safari --- a quote from the Adblock Plus forum:
Adblock Plus for Safari is based on Adblock Plus for Chrome and Opera, but has a few limitations, mostly due to limitations of Safari:
Popups can't be blocked.
XMLHttpRequests can't be blocked.
Requests initiated by third-party plugins like Flash can't be blocked. This mostly affects in-video ads (like prerolls), however not those on YouTube, which are blocked in a different way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.