Router Settings

Reaction score
This has probably been posted before, so I apologize in advance for asking again. How do you access router settings on a Mac?

Reaction score
Are you asking how do I, or how do you? All routers are not the same, and can have more than one way to get into its configuration.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The same as you would on any other computer. Just because it's a Mac doesn't make it any different.

What sort of router do you have? Usually it's something along the lines of 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1

Oh, and in case you've never accessed router settings, you put those numbers into a web browser :D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
This has probably been posted before, so I apologize in advance for asking again. How do you access router settings on a Mac?

What router is this? It your Mac plugged into the routers LAN port? Tell us that and we can better help you.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and the offer of help. It is a NetGear, and I found the address on my Airport settings, so I just entered them into the browser, and voila :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.