RoboKiller cancel subscription

Reaction score
Why is there no "Cancel Subscription" for RoboKiller in App Store > Account Settings > Manage Subscriptions. (see screen shot)

This is on my MacBook Air but the App is actually on my iPhone. I removed the RoboKiller App from my iPhone but the Subscription is still active and it is still functioning on my iPhone 12.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 6.15.29 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 6.15.29 PM.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 6

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
It looks like the subscription is cancelled to me. There is no option (plan) ticked. It looks like you subscribed for a year on Jan 7 2023 and it will remain active until it expires Jan 7 2024.

OP
B
Reaction score
Correct. But it is still "identifying" incoming phone calls on my iPhone which means it's is still lingering somewhere on the phone. I guess my question is more about deleting it off of everything rather than the subscription.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Swipe to the left on the iPhone over and over until you get to the App Library page. Search for RoboKiller there to go to the app. It's probably in the "Utilities" folder, or "Recently Added" folders, but could be anywhere. Once you find it, delete it as you would any other iPhone App.

OP
B
Reaction score
So what I've discovered is that even if you remove / delete the RoboKiller app from the iPhone some of it's blocking features still keep functioning because when you install it you give it permission to connect with your cell phone Carrier. Mine is Verizon. So it kept "flagging" and "blocking" calls that were not in my Address Book. The RoboKiller web site has phone numbers to dial to stop the service. I"m waiting to see if that really works

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Given that it's paid for the next year, why do you want to end it, may I ask? Is it not working properly?

OP
B
Reaction score
I actually got MORE spam phone calls. Yep, you read that right. Now it did work as advertised and silenced the call and put it in the Recent phone calls folder but it seemed to open up something through the Verizon connection and gave me calls from people in my neighborhood that I've heard of but do not have my number and never would have any reason to call. Weird, yes. But happened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Weird, indeed. Maybe a call to Verizon to see if they can disassociate it, or tell you what to do?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I think that's the app I had installed at one point. I got rid of it because it was blocking calls from my mom and my wife. It almost caused me to miss Thanksgiving dinner.

IIRC just deleting the app doesn't completely get rid of it. I thought I had checked everywhere and couldn't find the problem. One day I went into my Verizon store to ask about something else and mentioned it to the rep I talked to and she found the file after about half an hour of poking around and testing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I use something called YouMail and likely RoboKiller works the same way. YouMail has instructions on how to deactivate their service, but also adds contacts for "YouMail Activate" and "YouMail Deactivate". Basically, these services provide a new number that your personal number gets forwarded to. These contacts they added are just to activate and deactivate call forwarding to that number they provide. If RoboKiller did the same, check your Contacts to see if they added it. If not, reinstall the app and follow their instructions on what to do. The exact steps will depend on who your carrier is.

EDIT: Here's RoboKiller's page on how to deactivate.

Last edited:

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Does RoboKiller actually disclose these actions in advance? I mean after downloading the app, before activation does it tell you that your incoming calls will be forwarded to another party?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.