rMBP 13" Enter Key Rattle?

Reaction score
Hi,

I've noticed that my retina MacBook Pro 13"'s enter key seems to feel not in place and makes a loud rattle-like sound when I click it. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not. I went into Apple and tested with another device but I couldn't really hear the keys even though it seemed their models didn't have it. Don't really want to have to take it back as I already have before due to a broken up arrow.

Is this the same for everyone else or is mine faulty? Here's a video on Twitter to show it in comparison to other keys. twitter.com/fireolts/status/730759218832265216

Keep in mind I touched the keys and didn't click them down.

Thanks,

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What is it we are supposed to be seeing in the twitter photo? Also…I don't see an "Enter" key in the photo.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
OP
M
Reaction score
What year is your MBP? Also, there does not sound to me like there is a difference in the sound I am hearing from the different keys pressed. I have a keyboard protector for my 15" and I hardly ever hear any sounds.
2015 model, bought earlier this year. :)

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Take it back while you still have Apple Care. This could be expensive to repair at a later date and it's not the first time Apple Keyboards have been shown to be faulty.
I would personally be asking for keyboard replacement. If the assembly process went wrong with this particular model you may find other keys acting up later.
See; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTYYSMxlOqg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.