Ringtone downloaded to ipod on Iphone...

Reaction score
Hello...I have downloaded a new ringtone on my Iphone...and it is in the Ipod and I cant get it over to my ringtones to use it....can anyone help with this...Thanx...Rick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 266ghz, 4gig, 320gigHD, MacBook, 2.4ghz,250gigHD,4gigRam
Hey, Rick this is Rick! I believe you'll have to sync your iphone and open iTunes, now if the ringtone is already a "15sec mp3r" you can drag the file over to the ringtones on the side bar and sync the ringtone. Now if the ringtone is a regular mp3 track than you'll have to let iTunes convert it or do it in Garage Band app. which sends it to iTunes as a ringtone.

HTH, Rick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
camerama said:
"15sec mp3r"

What? The format is m4r and the max length is 40 seconds....

I'm pretty sure iTunes won't make Ringtones, but Garageband or a plethora or 3rd party apps are available.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi....I managed to get it over there after quite a struggle...but I did it... :) Thanx for the help.....Rick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 266ghz, 4gig, 320gigHD, MacBook, 2.4ghz,250gigHD,4gigRam
What? The format is m4r and the max length is 40 seconds....

I'm pretty sure iTunes won't make Ringtones, but Garageband or a plethora or 3rd party apps are available.

My bad, your absolutely correct!! And iTunes will convert ringtones. I have have downloaded some from the iTunes store which most are 3mins or longer and when you click on them a track editor opens at the bottom so you can choose the part that you like. I find it's easier to make ringtones from own music in garageband.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.