Right click menu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.16Ghz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD
Hey.. it's my first thread here :)

There's something happen to my apple. When I right click on desktop, there's an option called NoteTaker > Clip to notebook etc etc.. and then when i click on it, it brings me to relocate the software. I guess it comes from the notetaker software, but maybe i have deleted it already. Is there anyway to delete the option when I right click it?

Reaction score
Hi philippe & welcome to the Forums!

Have a look in these two locations:

1. Macintosh HD -> Library -> Contextual Menu Items

2. YourUserAccount -> Library -> Contextual Menu Items

If you find anything named NoteTaker, remove it to the Trash, but don't empty it. Log out/in and see if the right click has been fixed. If so then it's safe to delete the Trash.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you Pulse-8! It works!!

I just switched to Mac a month ago, so i'm a newbie in this Mac thing. Have been using Windows for more than 10 years. And now I'm happy that I switched.

I actually was gonna do System Restore to solve the problem like in Windows. But I couldn't find it hehe.. Is there such thing exist for Mac? just wondering...

Thanks again Pulse, you rock! :headphone

Reaction score
I just noticed you're from Sydney philippe, it's great to have another aussie onboard! I lived in Sydney for 20 yrs but I bet I wouldn't recognise it these days ...

Yeah, Tiger doesn't have anything like Sys Restore at present but the next OS; Leopard, is due out any month now ... and will have a feature called Time Machine which you can check out a video preview of it here.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your quick response mate. Where do ya live now? I actually just moved to Sydney a few months ago. I'm originally from Perth.

I saw about the Time Machine, but I guess it's more for restoring a file. But the System Restore will restore the whole system and preferences. Not pretty sure about it thought.. maybe should wait until Leopard comes out :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
Perth!?!! My family's in Perth! Leeming, actually. haven't been home in about 9 years. I bet it's changed. but business is growing in Melbourne and sydney like wildfire, so i'll be able to fly back under for some great visits. i actually miss vegamite... (and i'd kill for some decent roo or emu)

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh yeah.. perth has changed a lot. they're building a new underground train in the city, expected to finish in the end of 2007. I really want to see it when it's done :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.