Ricoh Aficio Printer

Reaction score
Hi there--I have a new MacBook Pro OS 10.9.5 & I'm trying to get my Ricoh Aficio SPC 820DN to function on it. I successfully installed the driver, but I'm not sure what the next step is to get it to talk to my computer. When I went into my system preferences file & clicked on the printer icon, it was not seeing the Ricoh printer. Where do I go from here? Thanks for your help.--Jeanne

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi there--I have a new MacBook Pro OS 10.9.5 & I'm trying to get my Ricoh Aficio SPC 820DN to function on it. I successfully installed the driver, but I'm not sure what the next step is to get it to talk to my computer. When I went into my system preferences file & clicked on the printer icon, it was not seeing the Ricoh printer. Where do I go from here? Thanks for your help.--Jeanne

Hi Jeanne - welcome to the forum! :)

First, I'll assume that you downloaded the correct drivers for OS X Mavericks; second, in System Preferences, did you first click on the lower left 'Plus' button which is used to 'Add' a printer (see my screen capture - blue arrow). Please post back if this does not help - Dave

Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 11.35.48 AM.png

OP
A
Reaction score
Thank you for the response, Dave. I double checked to make sure the driver I downloaded is the Mavericks version, & it is indeed. When I go to the add dialogue box, it doesn't show up anywhere & I'm not being allowed to type the name in anywhere. Nothing seems to happen when I type it in the search box, either. Any more suggestions? Thanks for your help on this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
question usb or wifi.

@ Jeanne - good question above - my Brother laser is now wireless on Wi-Fi but setup initially wired, so let us know the answer.

In the Printer's dialog box, do you see the 'Plus' sign (my blue arrow previous post); if so, are you saying that clicking that icon does not bring up another window? If so, I would suggest that you turn off and unplug the printer from power, then reboot your computer - sign into your account (if that is the way your login is set) and attach the printer via USB and re-power - try the 'Printers & Scanners' dialog box again to see if you are allowed to add the printer - please post back your results. Dave :)

OP
A
Reaction score
Hello all,
Just want to thank you for the responses. I figured it out. I'm embarrassed to say that it was operator error. I simply forgot that my printer was still connected to my old laptop; it can't communicate with my new computer very well that way--lol. I thank you for the interest & suggestions, as it got me to pause & think about all of my steps. Happy New Year! --Jeanne

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello all,
Just want to thank you for the responses. I figured it out. I'm embarrassed to say that it was operator error. I simply forgot that my printer was still connected to my old laptop; it can't communicate with my new computer very well that way--lol. I thank you for the interest & suggestions, as it got me to pause & think about all of my steps. Happy New Year! --Jeanne

Yep - well at least we suggested you check the USB connection - ;) Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.