Returning to OS7, is it possible?

Reaction score
Tried the download of OS8 and I don't like it. It has slowed my iPad Air to a crawl. I have plenty of storage capacity. Booting up has slowed. The new keypad sucks. Safari layout has changed. Very discouraged...Can I return to OS7? If so, how?

OP
R
Reaction score
Is there a way to reset it to the specs that were there when I got it? I just purchased it about two months ago. Anything on it is replaceable.

Reaction score
The only thing you can "Try" is look on your computer to see if there is a 7.1.2 .ispw file which is doubtful. If there is go into itunes go to your ipad and hit the restore while holding shift with your keyboard on a pc or Alt/Option with your Mac then tell itunes where you 7.1.2 files is. If apple is still signing 7.1.2 you should be able to downgrade. if not your just gonna have to stick with 8.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
If you have already updated your apps after updating to iOS 8 you may find they will not work in 7.

Reaction score
If you have already updated your apps after updating to iOS 8 you may find they will not work in 7.

Yeah good point.

If you do happen to revert back to ios 8 you need to restore from a previous backup that you made with 7.1.2

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
And any download of iOS 7 except from Apple would be an illegal or pirated download.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
There is no good reason why an iPad Air would be performing so poorly. I would plug your iPad Air back into your computer; open iTunes and make a backup of your iPad Air; then use the "Restore iPad" option to reinstall iOS 8 from scratch. Once that's done, it will prompt you to restore your last backup. That should iron out the problems you are having.

Reaction score
actually no they are not pirated downloads let me explain.

iphone 2g updates no longer work through iTunes so you have to download them from another source same thing with iOS 3 and 4 so you have no choice because apples download server won't provide a update for the device

C

chas_m

Johnodd4: your post does not provide any explanation as to how this is not an illegal or pirate download.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@John:

Any download of OS X or iOS other than from Apple or an official Apple source is illegal and is considered a pirated download. If you think otherwise, I suggest giving Apple customer service a call and ask.

Reaction score
@John:

Any download of OS X or iOS other than from Apple or an official Apple source is illegal and is considered a pirated download. If you think otherwise, I suggest giving Apple customer service a call and ask.

This is why I told the OP that if he has the file on his computer already. Meaning from apple. And like i said it was doubtful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.