Retreving off screen items.

W

WhitE_RabbiT

Ok, some of my Konfabulator widgets have managed to get completely off of my screen (no idea how) and yesterday, on of my sticky notes from Stickies also did the same thing. How on earth do I get them back on screen. I'm using 1.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
How do you get the windows off the screen? There should at least be a tiny part still showing that you can drag back to your screen fully...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
If not then try changing resolution and see if u can catch that disappeared window or widget and drag it back to the centre.

OP
W

WhitE_RabbiT

How, I have no idea. It just happened. Resolutin changing doesnt work either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
uuummm, they're shortcuts on the desktop?

Then click on the desktop, click on view (from the bar on the top of the screen) then click Arrange > by *****

Or if you're talking about windows, try using Expose'??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
What about reinstalling Konfabulator?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok if they are off your screen.. how do you know they are even there?

OP
W

WhitE_RabbiT

I can see them by a) viewing their existance in konfabulator b) using expose it will zoom across the screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok if you update to the latest konfabulator, all you do is hit F8 and you might be able to see the widgit a bit better to move it.. as long as a little bit it showing, otherwise through the konfabulator icon at the top of your screen, quit that widgit, then restart it.. they always start on your main screen regardless of where it was when you quit it. Now for your regular windows, I just tried it with a finder window and you can't stick it off the screen, so you must mean some other type of window. Now if it is a Mozilla window.. that window is supposed to be there and you can't get at it. I do believe it is for debugging purposes, although I have not quite figured it out yet. I just tried it with any regular window, application window, finder window and they are not allowed to go off the screen.. so Im not sure what's going on with your window...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
You know it's funny, Tiger actually has a button now to take care of that problem. When you go into Display settings, it has a button that says "Retrieve Windows" or something like that. You click on it, and all apps outside your screen come zooming back into the center.

I guess this was a pretty common problem if Apple put a fix for it into Tiger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
maybe they added it to tiger for people using 2 new 30" screens who lose their windows with all that display estate ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.