restoring my forum to my local mac

Reaction score
I have a backup of my online forum that is now closed, I've install and configured apache, php and mysql and all seem to be working but I have a few issues

I tried using mysqldumper to restore but it came up with some errors, as did importing it using phpmyadmin.

I'm wondering if it's to do with the max size configured in php but I cannot seem to find php.ini, which I'd like to try first

(I did a test online and the backup file did restore so suspect something locally)

Any pointers please?

Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks for this question. I've closed my two website but backup is difficult for me. Following this question.

I have a backup of my online forum that is now closed, I've install and configured apache, php and mysql and all seem to be working but I have a few issues

I tried using mysqldumper to restore but it came up with some errors, as did importing it using phpmyadmin.

I'm wondering if it's to do with the max size configured in php but I cannot seem to find php.ini, which I'd like to try first

(I did a test online and the backup file did restore so suspect something locally)

Any pointers please?

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.