Restoring in Place

Reaction score
Apple Software Restore
Restore in Place
A restore in place replaces all the software that came installed on the computer without version checking. Extensions conflicts caused by third-party software may persist, because third-party software is unaffected by this type of install.

Any idea how can i restore only the software that came installed on the computer without deleting the documents of the user?:Confused:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which version of OS X are you using? The link you gave is for a 2004 article that refers to older versions of the Apple OS.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
i am fully updated , on Snow Leopard. Is there a way for Restoring in place with leopard through installation cd??

Thanks in advance.

ps I cant log in with my acc and there is no other. i tried disk utility through installation cd , did the repairs but nothing changed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Can't log in... that's crucial information!

Did you try holding down the shift key when attempting to log in?

OP
M
Reaction score
Already tried Safe Mode (shift pressing)but the same thing happens. I reach the log window, i put my password, it tries to log in but it doesnt and it prompts me at the log in menu again. I have the install cd and am trying with Disk Utility to repair the Permissions & the disk but no luck with that too :( Also tried from Singe User Mode /sbin/fsck -fy but still cant log in.

I have no idea what can i try to make it work. If i make a new install all data will be lost right? Any way to backup my documents before reinstalling? propably throught singe user mode?

edit : When i do Permission Repair, i get a Waning: SUID file "System/Library/Core...as been modiifed and will not be repaired."

Any ideas would be great @ Thanks in advance

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.