Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.26Ghz 8GB RAM
Logic Pro X has, under its system requirements, the above and I haven't a clue what it means or possibly how to achieve it. I run Mavericks on a late 2009 2.26GHz Mac Mini so do I already have those plug-ins?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It is referring to plug-ins - extras or add-ons, to provide additional functionality, that you would install in Logic Pro X - like installing AdBlock as a web browser plug-in.

It is telling you that 32 bit plug-ins will not work. e.g, for those using an older version of Logic Pro already using some 32 bit plugins, they will no longer work until the developer upgrades them to 64 bit.

Are you already using a previous version of Logic? If not, then you likely do not have any Logic plug-ins.

There are, however, several pieces of software that enable 32 bit plug-ins to run in Logic Pro X.

Last edited:
OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.26Ghz 8GB RAM
Thanks very much. That's very helpful. I've not used Logic before and was wondering whether I needed something in my current system in order to be able to run it but you've set my mind at rest.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.