Replacing the Hard Drive?? Help

Reaction score
Hello all, I wanted to upgrade my macbook HDD from 60GB to 120GB so I bought this from newegg (and the reviews say that it does work with the macbook):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822149057

ANyway, I took out the 60GB Mac Hard Drive and popped in my 120GB (and it fits) and I started my mac with the installation cd and when I get to the "Select a Destination volume to install the MAC OS X Software" screen, the hard drive does not show up in the options, nothing does its blank.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

OP
N
Reaction score
AS a followup, when I goto System Profiler through the INstall Disc, it shows my new HDD under Serial ATA but still doesnt show when i try to install osx

Reaction score
G'day needsomehelp, I'm not 100% positive on this one, but you may need to navigate to Utilities>Disc Utility on the instal DVD/CD and format the new internal drive first???

Reaction score
From your last post, I take it that you did need to format the new internal HD. Glad you're all sorted out now~

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.