remove icon from top of my screen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16 3gb
greetings everyone, very happy to be a new member and a new owner of a mac! I have a prob maybe someone can help me with. I installed a new WD My Book , connected it to my airport extreme>>no prob. It came with software (Memeo Life agent) which i accidently installed.....then removed ..i still have a small green icon at the very top of my screen.. to the left of volume,network and bluetooth icons. Any way to get rid of this? i believe i removed all components of the software. any help is much appreciated. thanks.

Reaction score
hi

I recently purchased a WD My Book and had that same problem, but just figured out how to uninstall. i am running Mac OSX 10.5.6. i downloaded appzapper which deleted most of the files but the icon still appeared in the menu bar, ggrrr, what i did is i ran activity monitor->Quit the memeo life agent that was running -> went to Macintosh HD -> Library -> Application Support and deleted the memeo folder! Once that was done i reset computer and then once it was on again i emptied the trash can.Magic All Gone!!! Say Good bye icon!:D Hope this helps it worked for me.
Im not liable for any damage to your system or loss of data, this is how i approached the problem and it seemed to work fine for me. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
First up place cursor over the offending item, hold down Command and drag off the menu bar. Keep us posted if that does not do the trick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.