Reminder Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13” MacBook Pro - late 2013, iPhone 11 iPad Pro Mac Mini
Is anyone else having problems with Reminders syncing?

For example, I complete a reminder on my iPad or iPhone, then wake my MacBook and the reminder is not complete.
Instead of the reminder syncing with my other device and completing the reminder the other device is marked not complete.

This and other irritating problems has been happening since Reminders was redesigned in SwiftUI.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you syncing your reminders via iCloud?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13” MacBook Pro - late 2013, iPhone 11 iPad Pro Mac Mini
Of course, how else could the MacBook change the item the iPad or iPhone?
I've used Apple products exclusively ever since the release of the first iPhone and had no problems with Reminders until the move from Objective-C to SwiftUI.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You would be amazed at the number of folks who ask similar questions regarding syncing between their devices and we then find out they're not using iCloud.

We have not had anyone else state that their reminders were not syncing properly. Perhaps someone may have a suggestion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I've used Apple products exclusively ever since the release of the first iPhone and had no problems with Reminders until the move from Objective-C to SwiftUI.

That doesn't seem to be a very valid comment about using different development software to cause such a problem especially considering the lack of other users having any problems with the Reminders application.

I very seldom use the application but I would very much doubt that the use of different development software would be the cause of your problem. I would suggest checking other settings that might be involved.

Maybe start with a read and some checking here:
If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync

Good luck and I hope you find something amiss that's causing the problem.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Mine sync just fine between a MBP, iPhone and iPad. So it's not the change in language or a defect in the system. It has to be something in your setup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I've had this issue for a long time. I just turned off Notifications (for Reminders) on my Mini. I also stopped using Reminders on my Mac because this.

Had Apple Support help many times, but it keeps happening.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.