Reinstalled Firefox, had to delete previous profile (because firefox kept saying firefox was already open?) but saved files, how to access them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm having so many problems.

My firefox, as well as my computer, has been awful lately. Firefox today just wouldn't open youtube and a few other sites. At all. So I thought I'd reinstall it.

After that, I had the issue of clicking on firefox and having it tell me it needed to close before it was already open. Weird but I looked online and found that if you access the profile via terminal, you may see two profiles. But I only had one, default. No matter what, with that profile still up, I couldn't open firefox because it still gave me that same issue. So I deleted it and made a new profile, but saved the files just in case.

But I have a lot of important info bookmarked and everything. I went the folder with the saved old profile info to attach it to my new profile but again, firefox is saying it's already open and needs to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.