Registry

Reaction score
What is the best registry cleaner and editor? For windows I had one but can't find one for mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
What is the best registry cleaner and editor? For windows I had one but can't find one for mac.

OK - you must be kidding? ;) But I'll take a nibble - OS X is UNIX based and does not have a registry, so no need to even worry about it - one of the reasons (along w/ no need for AV programs & their annual costs) that I switched to Apple computers in early '13. Dave

Reaction score
Yeah and the choice of Anti-Virus software sucks as well! ROTFL

Another tip: Don't ask for DeFRAG either.

Reaction score
Actually there IS a defrag app or two, they're just not really needed except in rare(ish) cases.

M

MacInWin

OS X isn't windows, you don't need registry tools, antivirus, speed up, helpers, cleaners (except Onyx) or many other things that Windows users need. About the only tool you need is Onyx, run once every 6 months or so. As has been posted already, that's what makes OS X fun, you get to USE the machine instead of MAINTAINING it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.