Refurbished iMac G5

S

shumyum

We are probably going to buy a 20" iMac in the very near future. It looks like we can save about $300 ($1600 vs. $1900) if we buy a certified reconditioned computer from Apple.

It seems all warranties and protection plan options are the same for new versus refurbished. What would be the main reasons *not* to go with the reconditioned computer?

Thanks!

Reaction score
shumyum said:
What would be the main reasons *not* to go with the reconditioned computer?

The only problem I would have with buying a refurb is that you can't get any build to order options. I have heard of people getting extra stuff when they buy refurbs, for example, it would be advertised as 256mb ram but they end up getting 512mb, that would be nice.

OP
Z

zap2

you could go with a new 17in 1.8ghz,i like the feeling of nowing that is is my computer and noone had used it before mebut thats just me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
there could be minor cosmetic damage to it

OP
S

shumyum

inflexion said:
there could be minor cosmetic damage to it

If this were all, I wouldn't have the least problem (as long it isn't a "W" sticker). Interesting that we might get something "extra" (we definitely want to add RAM). Thanks for the comments, we will probably go with the refurb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
the refurb's are suposed to be factory spec, cleaned, reconditioned and bla bla bla...

and when i got my PB it was in amazing condition....one small little scratch on the bottom and that was it...i would go with it if you dont have the money....

-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.