Refresh Screen

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to Macs after working on PCs for years. The F9 key on a PC refreshes a document. Is there an equivalent key on a Mac to get the same result?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The F9 key on a PC refreshes a document. Is there an equivalent key on a Mac to get the same result?

What application/applications are you using?

Depending on the applications you are using…"refreshing" should be VERY minimal (except maybe with an internet browser). Most apps I use are "dynamic" (they change as changes are made). "Refreshing" should only be necessary if you are using an app that is "static" (does not change as changes are made).

And example would be Microsoft Excel. As you make changes to the spreadsheet…everything else updates. So no refreshing is necessary (in this case).

- Nick

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi Nick, thank you for your reply. I'm working in Microsoft Word. I've created a template and have used Text Box form controls using the Developer ribbon for repeat information through the document. However, when I type the information in the first greyed text box, it doesn't update (refresh) throughout the document unless I do Command+P (print) and then press Esc. I've discovered another option which is longer (holding down Command+A to select all text, and then Command+Shift+Options+U at the same time). These options work but are not as simple as the PC way of pressing the F9 key.
Cheers,
Denise

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.