Red Light when running on windows 7 on bootcamp..

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've searched countless threads and read all of them. The issue is the redlight turning on when i open up windows 7 which i recently installed on lion and on my macbook pro's bootcamp assistant. I know this: the redlight means opitical audio. and i also have read to possible solutions.

1. Put in a toothpick / headphone jack in and out to fix it (pressing down a button).
2. Putting in the Leopord or Lion install disc <--- problem with this one is not sure if i have either i bought my mac and it came with leopord so would those install discs work. because i downloaded lion from the app store.

any help would be great thanks!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It sounds like the audio driver isn't installed or isn't properly installed. When you installed Windows via Boot Camp, did you do it under Leopard or Lion? If under Lion, it should have prompted you to create a Boot Camp support disc.

You may want to try running Boot Camp Assistant now (under Lion) to see if it will prompt to create the disc.

OP
B
Reaction score
Hey thnks for the quick reply. I do have the bootcamp disc that i burned --> do i need to run this in windows or mac?

and do you think i could try and install any audio driver onto my windows or how does that work is there a certain one?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey thnks for the quick reply. I do have the bootcamp disc that i burned --> do i need to run this in windows or mac?

You need to run it while your Mac is booted into Windows. It will install all the drivers as well as the Boot Camp support software needed to support your Apple hardware under Windows.

and do you think i could try and install any audio driver onto my windows or how does that work is there a certain one?

No. It needs a very specific driver. The Boot Camp Windows installer will determine what it needs and facilitate the install.

OP
B
Reaction score
Cwa thank you so much! putting in the bootcamp installer disc and running it on windows solved my probelm! you areee a life SAVER!

Reaction score
Solved!!

I have a MacBook Pro and I had this same problem after I updated iTunes. I disabled the sound driver and noticed that the red light turned off, so that meant it was a driver problem. So, I tried to re-install the driver, using the automatic driver install from Microsoft, but this never worked.

The solution was to install the Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB 76) sound driver.

Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.