Recover photos backed up on Time Machine deleted on laptop

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Hi, some years ago I encouraged my daughter to start backing up her 2009 MBP on Time Machine and bought her a 1 Tb external HD for that purpose.
What I did not know was that as her MBP had limited storage and began to run out of space she had been deleting photos from iPhoto assuming they were all backed up on TM.
She does not know when or how many photos were deleted over a period of a couple of years.
So she can of course restore to a previous date but then iPhoto will not include the photos added since that date (if I understand TM restore function correctly).
My question is, how can she recover all of the photos from the TM backups from the first backup to the current one and consolidate them into one file.
Many of her early photos are precious records of her first baby, wedding etc.
Any suggestions of software that can achieve this or better yet methods that can be employed with her MBP and existing software would be much appreciated.
With thanks,
Rod

Last edited:
OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
In addition I seem to remember that iPhoto 11 used to have a command under the File Menu called Browse Time Machine. If so how does one restore those files to one place?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.