Recover AppleID - no phone, no password

zaihrayeu

Reaction score
hi,

I have an apple ID which is my gmail email and I do not remember the password for it and I do not remember the trusted phone number for it, moreover, that phone number is not existing anymore.

So I cannot log in as I do not remember the password. When I am trying to recover it using Recover Your Apple ID - Apple - it asks for the phone number, but I cannot receive any confirmation code on this phone number..

is there a way to recover the apple ID? reset the password through the email?

Thanks
Ilya

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
OP
Z

zaihrayeu

Reaction score
Hi Ian (@IWT ), thanks for the welcome and for the instructions. it looks like my only option is to ask for an account recovery, as:

1. I cannot use the option of asking a family member (as suggested here: Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact) as it asks to login and I do not remember my password:

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 07.09.05.png

2. I am stuck on iforgot.apple.com as it is asking for my trusted phone number which I do not remeber:
Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 07.14.53.png \

however, I did not find how to request an account recovery. Help page here (How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password) explains what to do before and after recovery request, but does not explain how to request the account recovery.. could you please help with this?

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Only too happy to help you if I can.

This is how to request an Account Recovery:

This may give you some background to Account Recovery & what you might/might not do whilst waiting.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Ian

OP
Z

zaihrayeu

Reaction score
Only too happy to help you if I can.

This is how to request an Account Recovery:

This may give you some background to Account Recovery & what you might/might not do whilst waiting.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Ian
hi Ian,

thanks for the links.

My problem with the first one (setting up an account recovery contact) is that I cannot access the "Password & Security" section in my Mac system preferences settings as I am required to enter the password which I do not remember:

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 07.09.05.png

The second link does not explain how to start the recovery process - I guess I need to do it in the "Password & Security" section which I cannot access...

what can I do?

thanks
Ilya

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Only too happy to help, Ilya.

The first link on how to set up an Account Recovery Contact-

Are you saying that you don't own an iPhone or iPad or iPod Touch ? Or is it that your iDevice can't run iOS 15 or later? Or do you have a Mac computer? That too can be used.

Because the link I posted tells you how to proceed.

I understand your dilemma, for sure.

The last resort - and a useful one - is to contact Apple Support by telephone. (Better than email in this case).

You will need to answer a load of questions to prove who you are and that you own the Mac or whatever Device you have. It takes time, often a week or two, but they can Reset Your Apple ID/Password.

Let me know how things go and it would help if we knew which Apple products you actually own.

Ian

OP
Z

zaihrayeu

Reaction score
I only have a Mac computer, MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017), running Monterey.

I did not find how to request an Apple ID recovery - as from above, it is asking to log in again.

so probably the only thing I can try is calling or emailing the apple support team?

thanks
Ilya

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@zaihrayeu

Thank you. You have been most patient and I appreciate that.

Just one little point: You surely can log in to your Mac?; it only needs your Admin PW.

Whatever: Google "Call Apple Support" - you get this:

S1.jpg

Choose your country and that will give you the telephone number you need.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
You can also go to apple.com and will be redirected to the local Apple website for where you are. Click on "Support" on the menu bar and look for how to contact them. There should be an option for chat or phone call.

OP
Z

zaihrayeu

Reaction score
thanks, Ian.

yes, I can log into my Mac, I do have the admin password. but I cannot log in to my Apple ID account ((

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
so probably the only thing I can try is calling or emailing the apple support team?

+1.
And if all fails give the Apple customer support folks a call if their support team wasn't able to help.

- Patrick
=======

OP
Z

zaihrayeu

Reaction score
thanks, Patrick. if the support team does not help, what can I do? reinstall a Mac OS from scratch and create a new Apple ID? at the moment I cannot even change Apple ID as it is asking me to log in to the current one..

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is possible to have more than one Apple ID. Several of our members do so and if I recall correctly, member @ferrarr (Bob) is one of them.

I still feel that a courteous approach to Apple Support is your best bet; but you could start from scratch, as you mentioned, with a new Apple ID. (you can't change your current Apple ID as you said).

I feel for you @zaihrayeu, because this must be very stressful and upsetting for you.

Ian

OP
Z

zaihrayeu

Reaction score
I cannot add another Apple ID as, in order to sing out from the current Apple ID, I need to enter my current password:

Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 11.06.19.png

so the only remaining option is to contact Apple Support, I guess..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
thanks, Patrick. if the support team does not help, what can I do?

That's why I suggested calling Apple Customer Support if their regular Apple Support can't help and if even they balk as to fixing your problem, ask to speak to somebody in charge who will often accommodate you somehow and get your problem resolved fairly easily.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.