recover Apple mail messages

Reaction score
I lost some Gmail emails messages which were configured into iPhone with imap protoco of Apple mail.
I'm not able to find those emails it into gmail Account (no emails into trash folder) so I ask if there is way to recover mbox files, which are been deleted, by 3rd part tools.
I tried with dr. Fone but It is not able to find email messages but only typical apps, not reference to Apple mail app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
If these are imap, and you have not deleted them, they are on the server.

OP
Z
Reaction score
I had 2 mailboxes of different provider configured as map and by iPhone I move messages from one folder of first mailbox to another one of 2nd mailbox. So that I emptied first mailbox and I got all email in 2nd mailbox. after one day I got only some of all messages.
Can I got logs to understand what happens in Apple mail ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
Are the folder you created imap folders, I know when my other has created folders on her tablet, due to limitiations, the folder are not recognised as imap, and therefore remain local only. I have then used my desk top to create imap folders, back to the tablet, moved the items and deleted the local folders.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I tried with dr. Fone but It is not able to find email messages but only typical apps, not reference to Apple mail app.

Try this, under the View deleted emails heading and see if you cannot retrieve them:

Or try using your Time Machine backup if you happen to use it or anything similar you happen to use, and retrieve your old email from there.

- Patrick
=======

OP
Z
Reaction score
Try this, under the View deleted emails heading and see if you cannot retrieve them:

Or try using your Time Machine backup if you happen to use it or anything similar you happen to use, and retrieve your old email from there.

- Patrick
=======
In thread I specified iPhone , not Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
In thread I specified iPhone , not Mac

That's where you lost them, and I thought you wanted to find them, hence the suggestion to set up the same email on your Mac and see if it will find them and download them from the server assuming they were IMAP emails if that really matters what type they are.

What was the third party software that you used that caused them to get lost or disappear???

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Another option might be to use a web browser to go to your email provider, if they have a web interface, to see if the messages are still there and move them to where you want them on the server to let it then sync to the iPhone.

OP
Z
Reaction score
That's where you lost them, and I thought you wanted to find them, hence the suggestion to set up the same email on your Mac and see if it will find them and download them from the server assuming they were IMAP emails if that really matters what type they are.

What was the third party software that you used that caused them to get lost or disappear???

- Patrick
=======

I used only Apple mail in iPhone. I though about 3rd part tool to install on pc and to link device to pc and try to search deeply about lost files like mbox.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Another option might be to use a web browser to go to your email provider, if they have a web interface, to see if the messages are still there and move them to where you want them on the server to let it then sync to the iPhone.
It has been first thing which I made, I'm not able to understand this behaviour infact I'm finding log in iPhone but I don't know where to look up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
On your winOS PC, use any web browser and log in to your gmail account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.