recording streams

Reaction score
I'm new on iMac with desire to record meeting sessions streamed when I'm busy with other things. Is there a program that will record the stream video + sound without using the system mic to record? I don't want room noise at the time of recording to be recorded into the sound.

If there is a program built into yellowstone that would be helpful but if not, is a 3rd party app available?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
Yellowstone? . . .do you mean Yosemite by chance?

OP
J
Reaction score
My OS Ver is 10.10.2 I thought that would make a difference in the response of available apps.

Last edited:
OP
J
Reaction score
the answer returned by private mail indicates a third part app will do the trick, see below:

Jaksta captures audio from the stream and not from your sound card. So you will only get the audio from the stream.

Thanks all

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi jimg

You seem to have solved your problem. As far as I know, what you seek is not native to OS X. You have found one app which is fine. For the same purpose, I use WireTap Studio app. There are many others.

Ian

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for your input as well. I'll take a look at that one also.

Appreciate everything.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Are you sure that wiretap studio will do the job? I thought it only did audio. The OP needs audio and video.

OP
J
Reaction score
My review of Wiretap Studio led me to the same conclusion. Appears Jaksta is still the way to go as it is doing both video plus audio from the stream. Thanks

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Are you sure that wiretap studio will do the job? I thought it only did audio. The OP needs audio and video.

Sorry! You are correct, of course. I misread the original posting. It does the audio brilliantly, but alas, not video. Apologies again. Brain in sleep mode.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.