record streaming audio

Reaction score
New to the Mac world! Just wondering if I can capture streaming audio? without malware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
Yes you can. I made a video for another poster a while back showing how to do it.

Before I can post the video here, I have to ask, is the audio you're trying to capture copyrighted? I don't want to get in trouble with the staff here!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
C

chas_m

If you're willing to spend a little money, you can do this a WHOLE LOT more simply and with more advanced features (such as scheduling) using Audio Hijack Pro ($32). Believe me, I think it's one of the best shareware investments I've ever made. There is also WireTap Pro, a bit more expensive but also excellent (more for "pros" though I think).

Reaction score
Simply with QuickTime on Mac, you can easily record the screen as you want. But if you are looking for anything more professional in recording streaming audio, you can go for some free audio recorders like Audacity, Ardour, etc. For more details, you are suggested to look at these top 5 free audio recorders.

Reaction score
If you need a good audio editor that can also record i recommend a Program called Amadeus Pro, lots of whistles and bells, not cheap but well worth it if you need what it offers. For just plain recording there is a small program called Piezo that will record from quite a few sources very easy to use and does a great job.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Couldn't have said it better myself James.

How are things in Oklahoma?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.