record off song or video played on computer. .

Reaction score
is there a simple way to record a song or video which I am playing on my computer. . .say I go to a website and on the introduction page a song is playing in the backround. . is there a way i can record that?. . .thanks in advance

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
is there a simple way to record a song or video which I am playing on my computer. . .say I go to a website and on the introduction page a song is playing in the backround. . is there a way i can record that?. . .thanks in advance

Yes.

Plug your headphone ouput into the audio input then record using GarageBand.

If you are lucky enough to have a PowerMac or Mac Pro you can plug the optical output into the optical input and record perfectly noiseless audio.

Oh and for Video pay for the upgrade to QuickTime Pro and you can just save any qucktime compatible video on the web directly to a file. Be aware that this doesn't wotk for flash movies or streaming movies (i.e it won't work on most utube content).

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
go to:

http://www.yourtvlinks.com

Check the forums. I know about PC programs, but none mac yet.

If you provide the link I may be able to name the song, I'm pretty good at name that tune.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.