Recommended printer

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
There really are no "official" printers recommended for use with the 24" iMac with the M1 CPU...it's really more about:

1. The printer being compatible with the macOS version installed on the computer (which shouldn't be a problem if purchasing a brand new printer).
2. What your budget might be (how much are you looking to spend).
3. The type of printer you're looking for (color and black & white printing...black & white printing only...inkjet printer...black & white laser printer...color laser printer).

Please let us know the answers to these questions...and I'm sure we can help.:)

Nick

p.s. Welcome to Mac-Forums!:)

OP
S
Reaction score
Looking for ink jet for home use. I would like air print for iPads. Price range in the $200.00 range. Color
Thank you
Sly

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
From one Sly to another, may I suggest checking out some of the Brother printers? I have been using one for some time, and the wireless network and AirPrint capabilities have worked reliably. As a bonus, third-party generic ink seems to work as well.

I don't have an M1 Mac to test with, but my Brother printer works fine under Big Sur and the Monterey beta. AirPrint works as well, going back to at least IOS 12, if not earlier.

OP
S
Reaction score
From one Sly to another, may I suggest checking out some of the Brother printers? I have been using one for some time, and the wireless network and AirPrint capabilities have worked reliably. As a bonus, third-party generic ink seems to work as well.

I don't have an M1 Mac to test with, but my Brother printer works fine under Big Sur and the Monterey beta. AirPrint works as well, going back to at least IOS 12, if not earlier.
Thank you sir

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.