Ready To Dump Verizon

OP
M
Reaction score
They are dinged for selling their customers data by default, starting on 04.26.21 Unless of course, you opt out from sharing your data with third-parties. You'll need to create an online account for opting out, that seems the easiest way to do it.

Sorry to hear about this, but thanks for the heads-up. I guess we are never talking about finding a "good" carrier. Rather, we are always taking about find a "less bad" one.

Like it or not, we live in the age of data. "I produce data, therefore, I am." Unfortunately, we have little control over it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 2020 Ventura 13.6 M1 chip 251GB; iPhone SE 3rd gen 128GB; iPad Air2, 64GB
Another Verizon Customer Service call today:

1) She deleted the Late Fee.

2) She said I needed a Transfer PIN in order to port my number to a new carrier. She gave me a Transfer PIN (good for three days).

3) When I was paying by credit card, they retained my payment info and put me on auto pay — all without my permission. I resolved the issue by canceling the card. Now that I am paying by check, they are retaining my banking info, also without my permission.

Is T-Mobile going to require Auto Pay. Their lowest plan seems to be $60 (with auto pay). I'll try to get them on the phone later.

I tried to get T-Mobile's 55+ plan and by the time they finished adding on all the hidden fees they claim they don't charge, it was cheaper to stay with Verizon. Basically they are all terrible!

OP
M
Reaction score
I tried to get T-Mobile's 55+ plan and by the time they finished adding on all the hidden fees they claim they don't charge, it was cheaper to stay with Verizon. Basically they are all terrible!

Same here, but I went with T-Mobile $15 prepay.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

What hidden fees? My wife and I have been on that plan for 3 years now and we have never been charged any hidden fees. My monthly bill for two lines with autopay is $60/Month for unlimited data, text, and talk. Plus no charges for tethering.

OP
M
Reaction score
What hidden fees? My wife and I have been on that plan for 3 years now and we have never been charged any hidden fees. My monthly bill for two lines with autopay is $60/Month for unlimited data, text, and talk. Plus no charges for tethering.

True. I should have said that, when they ran down the 55+ plan for me, it turned out to be more expensive than my Verizon and way more than $15 prepay.

Reaction score

I'm wondering what they're talking about too! I literally just signed up with T-Mobile, but my plan is $75 because I'm single and younger than 55! Here's an actual screenshot from my bill showing precisely what comprises they're advertised rate of $75.00 for my plan. There are NO other fees that bring the bill above $75.00

1618534791742.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.